Pick Your Own Apples
PICK YOUR OWN APPLES – now closed for the season.
How does it work?
Pick Your Own Apples is going full speed ahead. We’re open weekdays & weekends. No bookings. It’s First Come, First Served! However, there are a few changes:
- There is a minimum purchase of one half bushel (20 lb.) – $40 – paid upon entering. Debit & Credit Cards are preferred but we will accept cash.
- Physical distancing needs to be maintained at all times.
- Families/groups need to stay together & pick together.
- It is recommended that you not eat until you are able to wash or sanitize your hands.
Our Pick Your Own system is set up for DRIVING YOUR CAR INTO THE ORCHARD. Upon arrival, you will drive to our “Check in Booth” where you will be greeted by one of our friendly staff wearing a mask or shield. They will tell you which apples are ready for picking that day. You are given a sheet with varieties and row numbers marked so that you can easily find the apples of choice once you are in the orchard. The last step before entering the orchard is to pay the minimum price of $40 for one 1/2 bushel of pick your own apples – any variety. You are given a bag to pick into & you are ready to go pick!
In the orchard you will see our orchard monitors, ready to help you with parking and finding the apples that you want to pick. They’ll have extra bags just in case you decide that you need more than 1 bag. Once you’ve finished picking, you’ll follow the one way route to the “Check out Booth”. Please open your trunk for checking out. If you’ve picked more than 1 bag, you will then pay for the other bags that you’ve filled.
For information on varieties, please check Types of Apples & Availability for the complete list.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – Apple Season. We hope that you are able to come out to enjoy it!
Pick Your Own Apples (PYO)
- Established in 1983
- Unique to most Pick Your Own operations – you drive your car into the Orchard!
- Bags are provided. Price is $40 for 1/2 bushel (20lb). This is the minimum size for pick your own.
- Row numbers & yellow flags identify the best picking for the day.
- Orchard Monitors are at your service to help you find your way!
- 13 kinds of apples Types of Apples & Availability
- Small trees for easy picking
- Children are definitely welcome but “sorry” no pets!